The Association of Structural Fire Protection Contractors and Manufacturers was formed in 1975 following meetings between all interested parties and the regulators to establish standards for products and contracting performance for the fire protection of buildings and structures. In 1992 the word “structural” in the Association’s name was replaced with “specialist” in order to reflect the wider scope of ASFP members’ activities and the name was shortened to ASFP.
ASFP currently represents the majority of UK contractors and manufacturers of passive fire protection products with associate members representing regulatory, certification, testing and consulting bodies.
Aims & Objectives
ASFP aims to assists specifiers and main contractors in identifying products suitable for specific requirements both in the UK and overseas. The Association is also willing to make its specialist knowledge available on all fire protection matters. Its objectives are:
- To be the leading UK and European Trade Association relating to Passive Fire Protection
- To be dedicated to the protection of life, property, the environment and our heritage
- To represent the commercial interest of members through quality of product and installation with technical expertise
- To promote continuous improvement in all aspects of the PFP industry.
- To foster the education and training of all those involved in the development, specification and use of PFP materials
European Association Liaison
The ASFP, together with its counterparts in France, Italy and Germany, is a founder member of the European Association for Passive Fire Protection. Details of the other member Associations can be obtained from the ASFP.