LEGIC Identsystems Ltd Contactless Smart Card Technology
LEGIC is the leading provider of 13,56 MHz contacltess people identification technology. The LEGIC product portfolio includes reader and transponder chips for readers and identification crederntials, e.g. for employee cards, visitor or campus cards.
LEGIC Identsystems currently works with over 250 external co-operation partners world-wide who offer compatible LEGIC all-in-one-card applications including access control, e-payment, parking, e-ticketing and other multiapplications. More than 3 million readers and over 150 million credentials are successfully integrated in more than 100,000 work and leisure places worldwide.
Reader Chip SM-4200
LEGIC increases the possibilities for single and multi-applications in the area of contactless personal identification such as access control, time & attendance, offline locks and e-payment with their Reader Chip SM-4200.
Supporting numerous technology standardsthe Reader Chip SM-4200has a very low power consumption and is upgradable in the field. It is the smallest chip ever developed by LEGIC, with high interoperability and upgradable encryption package.
The LEGIC advant® contactless smart card technology provides support for implementing access control and other personal related applications. It ensures advanced security, scalability, cost efficiency and offers a high level of investment security. LEGIC advant® is currently one of the most innovative and future-proof identification technologies available. With its advanced security features (AES, 3DES, DES) and compatibility with ISO Standards (15693, 14443), this product line is especially suitable for smart card projects such as individual or multifunctional corporate cards and leisure cards. Typical application areas include ticketing, public authority ID projects, general access control solutions and high-security applications such as IT access protection and biometrics.
The technology mainly consists of components for readers and transponders as well as unique Master-Tokens. The LEGIC partners integrate the LEGIC components into finished goods such as readers, vending machines or employee cards respectively. All put together the LEGIC system becomes a powerful, secure all-in-one-card platform to flexibly cover a person´s activity cycle and authorizations within an organization.
LEGIC advant® Platform
The advanced contactless smart card platform for higher security and cost effective multiapplications.
Some examples of contactless 13.56 MHz reader components:
- Security Module SM-4500: Suited for any function, any transponder, any implementation and any application
- Security Module SM-4200: The leading-edge reader chip with powerful interoperability and all-in encryption package
- Security Chip Set SC-2560: The solution for universal high performance multi-standard readers
- Security Module SM-2570: The flexible all-in-one solution for applications with embedded user programmable microcontroller.
Includes also a wide selection of Crypto Memory Transponder Chips for contactless ISO 14443 A and ISO 15693 applications like ATC128-MV, ATC256-MV, ATC1024-MV, ATC2048-MP, ATC4096-MP.
LEGIC Card-in-Card Solutions
Imagine a software emulation of a LEGIC advant crypto memory transponder (4kB memory) which can be added to contactless microprocessor based smart cards or NFC mobile phones – both provided by third parties. On application level this virtual transponder behaves like all other LEGIC advant crypto memory transponders and thus is compatible to LEGIC advant reader infrastructure.
LEGIC Master-Token System Control (MTSC)
MTSC provides an integrated key management system which is unique in the security industry. With LEGIC Master-Token System ControlMT (MTSC) no sensitive passwords are needed. Instead, a special physical Master-Token in form of a contactless smart card is used containing a unique genetic code which securely links cards and readers. Physically owning the Master-Tokens means controlling the security of your system.
LEGIC Configuration & Development Tools
- Evaluation Kit EK-4000 provides easy access to the LEGIC advant 4000 series. It supports in rapid and cost-efficient development of battery and line powered readers for 13.56 MHz contactless smart card applications.
- Development Kit DK-2000 puts you on the fast track to market for your new 13.56 MHz contactless smart card solution.
- Configurator Software CSW-2000 is a helpful tool to configure and analyse LEGIC credentials and reader settings.
- Configurator Hardware CHW-2000 is a universal desktop reader to initialise, write and read LEGIC credentials.
- Antenna Designer is a world-wide unique web-based tool for designing and dimensioning 13.56 MHz printed circuit board antennas for readers.
LEGIC's headquarters are based in Switzerland. They also have additional offices in Europe, Asia and United States.
Contact this Supplier
LEGIC Identsystems LtdBinzackerstrasse 41
Post Box 1221
Wetzikon, Zurich, CH-8620, Switzerland
Tel: +41 44 933 64 64
Fax: +41 44 933 64 65